IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Any information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner to you and to your computer
- To provide you with information, requested by you, or which we feel would be of interest to you, on our products or services, following your consent to do so.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.li>
- To cross reference information you have supplied with information supplied by our client for purposes of verifying whether you are an authorised user.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also contact you by email, post or telephone. Please note that where you have provided sensitive data to us, we shall only use data for the purpose for which the data was provided to us.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or wish to withdraw your consent for use of the data, you can do so by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 0208 282 7693 or writing to Unit 7, Hampstead West, 224 Iverson Road, London, NW6 2HL. Please note that at the time you contact us, it may be the case that we no longer process, hold or store your personal information/data as Data Processor, in which case we would advise you of this.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, customers or others.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, clients, affiliates or other external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these privacy policies. Before you submit any personal data to our site, you may want to check the policies of the clients, for whom we are collecting the data, and whom for your purposes is the data controller. In the absence of any details being listed on our site, you may contact us via the details referenced above.